For your next adventure, check out the new tour company in Port Hardy.
Departing from Port Hardy you will be immediately immersed in nature, on this unforgettable wilderness experience you travel by zodiac, amongst the diverse wildlife of British Columbia’s Great Bear Rainforest. My son and I recently had the opportunity to experience this tour for ourselves and It was amazing, not only did we see numerous Humpback whales that were feeding right close to shore, we watched them for a while from a safe distance of course before we headed further up the coast , and we got to see a pair of sea otters sharing a meal of freshly caught octopus (wish my camera hadn’t died on me), Eagles galore, and we were even lucky enough to be graced with the presence of roughly 30 Northern Resident Orcas hunting salmon, it was a sight to see for sure.
Coastal Rainforest Safaris has implemented the following health and safety measures, guided by advice provided by the Provincial government, Public Health Officer, and other government agencies.
So here is what you can expect:
- While their vessel has comfortable seating for 12 passengers, due to COVID precautions they are only allowing a maximum of eight guests per trip in 2020.
- They sanitize bathrooms and every commonly touched surface in the office and on there vessel before and after each tour.
- You will find hand sanitizer stations at the office and on the vessel.
- All staff wear masks or face-coverings when maintaining a social distance of 2 metres is not possible.
- They have installed shields at the check-in desk to protect guests and staff.
- We recommend online bookings and card payments for gratuities.
- Touch free credit card processing is available at the office
- Any staff who are feeling unwell are required to stay home.
- Any gear supplied by Coastal Rainforest Safaris is sanitized between each tour.
What they expect:
- If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling unwell, or if you have been in contact with someone showing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. They offer full refunds right up until the time of departure.
- They ask you to inform them if you have:
- Have you experienced a cough, fever, or other flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside of Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you been asked to quarantine in the last 14 days?
- You are required to wear a mask or face covering at all times on board the vessel. You can bring your own. Or they are happy to supply one.
- Use the hand sanitizer they provide upon arrival and frequently throughout the tour.
- Remember to social-distance as much as possible from other guests and staff.
- Bring your own water in a reusable bottle as this item will not be available on board.